Part 2 and 3 of this 10 part series, the From Field. Although few, these steps are crucial.
The From Field:
- Make your from address instantly recognizable
- Always personalize your from address, instead of default randomly-generated from addresses
- Ask the recipient to white list your from address to ensure maximum results on future sends
- Try to have both reply-to and from address the same email; offers consistency to the user
The Reply-to Address:
- Always use a real reply-to address, vs. a ‘noreply’. Some recipients prefer to reply directly to emails using the function from their email client. Potential leads are lost by using a ‘noreply’ address.
- Manually go through the replies after each send. Tedious but useful for the leads who habitually reply to emails from within their email client.
February 27th, 2008